1.8 million people in Ile-de-France have a disability. This implies that almost one out of six people that live and work in the region need accessible public transport. While waiting for the challenge to be fully overcomed, it was important to set up short term solutions and act on the passenger information front.
What / How?
STIF’s innovation studio: a one-month sprint to gather transport operators, travellers with disabilities, startups and regional authorities, for the first time around the same table to:
• Align all parties, capitalizing on the opportunities offered by open data
• Enrich start-up projects for travelers with reduced mobility
• Identify missing data to crowdsource and build an API that answers to all stakeholders’ use cases
• Enriched startup projects and improved passenger services
• Two APIs available to the Studio’s startups and the general public: a first one to indicate the location of bus stops, especially during their temporary displacement due to on-site constructions; the second one offers a report of the elevators’ operating status
• New high-impact datasets identified for opening